Stressing that there would be no cover-up, Defence Minister A.K. Antony Wednesday said an inquiry had been ordered into the complaint of a naval officer’s wife that her husband had tortured her and forced her to have sex with his colleagues.

“The moment I got the complaint I have ordered an inquiry. Whenever the complaints have come, we inquire about that. We will not cover-up so let us wait,” Mr. Antony told reporters here.

The minister added that he would not jump to any conclusions before the probe is completed.

“I don’t want to jump to any conclusion. If anybody is found guilty, we will take strong action. At this moment, don’t expect me to come to any conclusion.”

The wife of the naval officer posted at the Naval Ship Repair Yard (NSRY) at Karwar in Karnataka alleged that her husband tortured her mentally and physically and forced her to sleep with his colleagues.

According to a source, the woman’s father has written to the navy and the defence ministry on April 25 with the complaints.

The woman has left her husband’s home. They had married in February 2012 and have filed for divorce with mutual consent, the source added.

The navy has been hit by a string of sex scandals of late.

In early April, the wife of an officer had alleged that wife-swapping was prevalent in the navy and that she had been molested by her husband’s superiors.

Last month, a naval commander was dismissed for sending lewd texts to women. In another case, an officer was dismissed for entering into an illicit relationship with the wife of a superior.

More In: National | News