A minor fire on Tuesday broke out at a room situated on the ground floor of the Prime Minister’s Office in South Block, but there was no casualty or damage to any official record, Delhi Fire Service said.

“It was a small fire in a room on the ground floor of the PMO. We received the call at about 6:25 a.m. Six to seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot. It was brought under control within minutes,” director, Delhi Fire Service A.K. Sharma said.

A PMO spokesperson said that neither any injury was reported nor any official record was damaged in the incident.

“A minor fire broke out in the UPS shelf in one of the rooms in the South Block premises of the PMO at around 6.10 a.m. today on account of malfunctioning of a UPS attached to a computer. Prompt action was taken and no damage was caused to property, except to some electrical office equipment. No official record was damaged,” an official statement said.

A fire official said the fire was reported at room number 60 which is occupied by a Joint Secretary in the PMO.

More In: National | News | Delhi