A minor fire was reported in the air-conditioned coach of the Thiruvananthapuram-Gorakhpur Raptisagar Express (Train No.12512) at 11.20 a.m. on Wednesday.
Railway Protection Force officials said the fire started near the bathroom of the A1 air-conditioned coach of the train just as it had left the Thrissur railway station. However, the blaze was brought under control soon with the timely intervention of the AC assistants.
The train was stopped at the Irinjalakuda station for a detailed inspection, while a team of medical officials gave first aid to the injured. They were permitted to continue the journey by the same train.
The service was resumed by 4 p.m. after the faulty coach was disconnected from the train.