A 40-year old mahout who was moving along the road on an elephant’s back at Vallicaud near Konni was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live overhead power transmission line on Wednesday.
The mahout was reportedly thrown out from the elephant’s back and had succumbed to the electric shock and injuries, later, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Santhosh of Gitanjali house, Thrikkovil street in Punalur. He was attached to the Aranmula Devaswom of the Travancore Devaswom Board.
Body has been sent to Pathanamthitta General Hospital for post-mortem, later, police said.