A private tea-stall at the crowded K.S.R.T.C. bus stand in Kottayam went up in flames on Tuesday but the fire was prevented from spreading to other buildings owing to quick action by the Fire Force.

The incident occurred around 10.15 a.m. when an LPG cylinder that was used inside the stall caught fire. Soon, the fire spread to the interiors and walls.

On being alerted, the Fire Force personnel evacuated the commuters at the bus stand, and doused the fire. There were no casualties and the stall escaped serious damage.

Keywords: accidentfire

More In: Kerala | National