Aspirants to the posts of gazetted probationer (Karnataka Administrative Services) 2011 have urged the State government to reject the selection list announced by the Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC).

They said the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) report pointed out irregularities in the selection process and therefore, there should be a fresh selection process.

Addressing presspersons here on Saturday, one of the aspirants, Renukambike, said that instead of taking action based on the CID report, the government was delaying the decision. “The government is also violating the Supreme Court verdict, which says that in case of irregularities found in the recruitment process (more than 20 per cent), the entire process should be withdrawn. Majority of the candidates seem to have been selected unethically. If such persons were given jobs, they will indulge in corrupt practice till their retirement,” she claimed.

Loka Satta Party State secretary Deepak C.N., who spoke on behalf of the aspirants, said: “It seems that the government is silent on the issue to protect those involved in irregularities.”

Mr. Deepak said that despite knowing several cases of irregularities in KPSC appointments, which had been questioned since 1998, the present government continued to commit the same mistakes. Though the Advocate-General had advised the government to withdraw the list, it had washed its hands of the matter by constituting a Cabinet subcommittee.