The State Cabinet on Friday approved a proposal to sanction Rs. 45 crore for taking up development works in nine taluks — Pavagada, Tirthahalli, Hosanagar, Sringeri, Mudigere, Koppa, Karkala, Kundapur and Belthangadi. Each taluk would get Rs. 5 crore.

Briefing presspersons on the details of the Cabinet decisions, Minister for Law and Urban Development S. Suresh Kumar said Chief Secretary to the State Government S.V. Ranganath would monitor development works for which the government had sanctioned Rs. 22.5 crore. The Deputy Commissioners would be the chairpersons of the district committee and Joint Secretary of the Home Department would function as nodal officer.

A Rs. 179-crore project for providing 514 houses to State government officers in the B and C groups and 171 houses for those in the D group at the NGEF Factory at Byappanahalli on Old Madras Road has been approved. Similarly, the Cabinet approved a Rs.18-crore project to build six-storeyed quarters for providing 60 houses C and D employees at Kumara Krupa on Cresent Road.

More services under Sakala

Mr. Kumar said that 118 more services in 14 departments had been added to the list of services under Sakala, taking the total to 265.

Five services in the Departments of Home and Women and Child Development had been withdrawn, as there were no complaints or applications. All the applications under the scheme would have to be sent online from March 31, 2013.

From November 2, applications have to be routed through Sakala and not to individual departments.

Payment of principal amount towards water cess and interest on it in Hubli-Dharwad, Mysore and Mangalore has been extended up to December 31The Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation had been asked to spend Rs. 71 crore which was in its kitty for supplying water round-the-clock in five wards and partly in 12 wards. The scheme had been implemented in eight wards under the corporation and had been extended to these wards.

Keywords: Naxalites

More In: Karnataka | National