The State government has decided to celebrate Mysore Dasara – scheduled between September 16 and 24 this year – with all the traditional fervour but on a simpler scale in the light of the severe drought situation.

Speaking after a high-level committee meeting on Dasara celebrations here on Thursday, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said that the government would ensure that there is “no compromise” on any aspect of the tradition of the historical festival in Mysore.

‘Funds released’

He said that preparations were on and Rs. 6 crore had been released so far. Further meetings would be held to decide who would be invited for the festival, he added.

Preparations are being done under the leadership of district in-charge Minister S.A. Ramdas and Tourism Minister Anand Singh too is overseeing the preparations, who also participated in the meeting on Thursday.

More In: Karnataka | National | States | News