Advocates' Association, Bangalore, on Tuesday withdrew its call for indefinite boycott of court proceedings after Home Minister R. Ashok told the members of the association that Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) and a few other police officers would be transferred in connection with the March 2 violence at the city civil court complex here.

Advocates have not been attending proceedings in all sub-ordinate courts here since March 5 demanding action against the police officials responsible for the lathicharge and assault on lawyers on March 2. However, a majority of the advocates were attending proceedings, except for couple of days last week, in the Karnataka High Court regularly.

Association president K.N. Subba Reddy said that Mr. Ashok told the lawyers that the report of an internal inquiry on police action conducted by the Director-General of Police (CID) R.K. Dutta is being submitted to the Government and its recommendations would be implemented by the Government in five days.

Mr. Reddy said that the Home Minister told the members that DCP (Central) Ramesh and a few other officers were being issued show-cause notices and they would be transferred. He said that the association would wait for five days and would then decide the future course of action if the government fails to keep its promise.