Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13, 2012 bomb attack at an Israeli diplomat’s car in New Delhi, was on Tuesday denied bail by a Delhi court.

Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav dismissed Mr. Kazmi’s bail plea saying there was no substance in his bail plea.

“I have gone through the case diaries brought to the court by the special team of Delhi police... I have not found any substance in the defence arguments,” the CMM said.

Arguing for bail, Mr. Kazmi’s counsel Gajinder Kumar had said his client should not be pushed to a point of committing suicide. He had added Mr. Kazmi’s incarceration is the punishment for a crime he did not commit.

Mr. Kazmi had sought bail saying the probe against him has been completed as due to its completion, he had been sent to the judicial custody on March 24, 2012 mid-way his tenure for the police custody till March 27, 2012.

He had earlier alleged that the police was harassing him in custody to pressurise him to “confess to a crime he never committed” and that “foreign agencies like Mossad were also interrogating him.”

The court had then asked the Special Cell not to permit other investigating agencies to interrogate him but had imposed no bar on sharing information with other agencies.

Mr. Kazmi, who claims to have been writing for an Iranian publication, was picked up by the Special Cell of Delhi Police after the probe showed he had been in touch with a suspect who is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua’s car on February 13, 2012.

Mr. Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the embassy vehicle were among the four people injured in the blast.

More In: National | News