Home Minister of Maharashtra R. R. Patil has said that the Mumbai police have detained two persons in connection with the blast outside the Jama Masjid that took place in New Delhi on Sunday. “Many have been interrogated but the police have detained two,” he said.
The terror e-mail sent by the Indian Mujahideen has been traced to Mumbai, he said. “We are in the process of getting the details about the phone from which the e-mail was sent,” he said.
The e-mail reflects that the sender has information on the political happenings in Maharashtra. He has accused Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Rakesh Maria of nabbing innocent people in the German Bakery blast case.
The e-mail also mentions a Muslim “sister who had to face humiliation” at the government-run King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital last month when she was denied entry after she refused to lift her veil for security verification. The news was carried only by a local tabloid. The fact that the e-mail has mentioned the incident also hints that the sender belongs to Mumbai.