An 18-year-old school dropout from Bihar today became another miracle survivor of the building collapse here when he was pulled out by rescuers a good 73 hours after the accident took place.

Nitesh, had left his studies due to family circumstances, and was working in the carpet factory to support himself and his kin.

Yesterday, teenager Sanjeev had been taken out of the rubble miraculously.

Meanwhile, the death toll in the incident has gone upto 14. Ten bodies have been taken out of the rubble so far.

District Magistrate Priyank Bharti said four more bodies can be see but are yet to be extricated.

Sixty—two people have been rescued, including one today and 10 bodies have been retrieved from the debris, he said.

Of the sixty—two rescued, some have already been discharged after medical aid and remaining are still admitted at the Sadar Hospital.

“Our priority is to rescue people who are still alive and the required efforts in the regard are being made,” he said.

The three—storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday in Focal Point area here.

“We have to remain extremely cautious while removing the debris because a slight mistake can prove fatal for people trapped beneath,” Assistant Commandant of National Disaster Response Force Musafir said.

It may take two more days to clear the rubble, he said.

A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against the factory owner, who was arrested on Monday.

The state government has announced a compensation of Rs two lakh each to the kin of the deceased. It also announced a compensation of Rs 65,000 each to the seriously injured and Rs 45,000 each to injured persons. PTI COR SPC 04191231

More In: National | News | States