The National Investigation Agency (NIA) would file the chargesheet in the Goa blast case by May 17, a senior officer said.

“We will file the chargesheet in two different courts at Margao and Vasco,” the officer said.

The agency has arrested four persons - Dhananjay Ashtekar, Dilip Mangaonar, Vinayak Patil and Vinay Talekar - for allegedly conspiring to execute serial bomb blasts in the state on October 16, on the eve of Diwali last year.

Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vasco had last week granted bail to Vinayak Patil and Vinay Talekar as NIA had failed to file a chargesheet despite having the duo in custody for 180 days.

Two persons had died in a bomb explosion at Margao town while police had defused two IEDs at Sancoale, 30 kms away from Margao.

Right wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha is under scanner as all the accused owed allegiance to the outfit, which runs its activities from an ashram at Ramnathi near here.

Keywords: Goa blastNIAJMFC

More In: National | News | States