Two employees of a drug manufacturing company here were killed and six others took ill after inhaling poisonous gas leaked from the production unit.
The incident took place at Rinilife Science Private Ltd in the city’s industrial area on Sanver road late on Saturday evening, police said, adding the gas leaked in the production unit of the company.
The deceased were identified as Subhash Pal (28) and Dinesh Borana (30), police said on Sunday. The two died on the spot, they said.
Six other employees of the company have been affected. All of them have been admitted to a nearby hospital, of which the condition of four is critical, police said.
Senior police officers have reached the spot and investigation into the incident is on.