SEARCH

News » National

Updated: November 27, 2010 16:19 IST

CWG scam: Ex-OC official sent to 11-day judicial custody

PTI
print   ·   T  T  
Former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee official M. Jayachandran has been sent to a 11-days judicial custody in a case related to alleged financial bungling in conduct of the Queen’s Baton Relay. File photo
The Hindu Former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee official M. Jayachandran has been sent to a 11-days judicial custody in a case related to alleged financial bungling in conduct of the Queen’s Baton Relay. File photo

A Delhi court on Saturday sent former CWG Organising Committee official M. Jayachandran to 11 days’ judicial custody in the case related to alleged financial bungling in conduct of the Queen’s Baton Relay (QBR) in London last year.

Special CBI Judge A.S. Yadav remanded Mr. Jayachandran to judicial custody till December 8.

Mr. Jayachandran, who was arrested on November 23, moved a bail application and the court posted the matter for hearing on it on December 8.

The court had earlier remanded two other sacked CWG OC officials T.S. Darbari and Sanjay Mahendroo, who were arrested on November 15, to judicial custody till December 8.

All the accused had been sent to the Tihar Jail after the CBI told the court that they were no longer required for interrogation by the agency.

The CBI had lodged two separate cases against the former OC officials.

More In: National | News

Avian Influenza Outbreak

More Avian Influenza Outbreak »

Swachh Bharat Mission

Tweet your opinions with #THCleanIndia. Take a look at how the mission has taken shape. Read more»

International

Tamil Nadu

Andhra Pradesh

Karnataka

Kerala


O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in National

File Photo of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh

Pakistan’s state actors behind attacks in India: Rajnath

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said state actors from Pakistan are playing a role in destabilising India. Menti... »