Home Minister P Chidambaram today said all the passengers of the Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express, whose two drivers were abducted, were safe. The CRPF and state police have reached the spot and the area has been secured and there is no sign of any other adversary there, the Minister said, adding that the train will move in next few minutes from nearby station with doctors and relief supplies.

Railway Ministry sources here said the news was received at the South Eastern Railway (SER) headquarters in Kolkata at around 1530 hours that some people had stopped the train by waving a red flag near Jhargram station and since then both the drivers are missing.

According to the SER, two drivers of the Rajdhani Express are feared to have been kidnapped by suspected Maoists near Jhargram in West Bengal this afternoon.

Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram spoke to Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee to inquire about the incident and the situation in the State caused by it, official sources said.

They said Union Home Secretary, G. K. Pillai, spoke to both the State Home Secretary and the Director General of Police to get more details about the incident.

RELATED NEWS

Supporters of Maoists detain train for 5 hours October 27, 2009

SER cancels six trains October 27, 2009

More In: National | News