Solicitor-General seeking to dissociate himself from implementation of FCFS policy, says former Telecom Secretary

Siddharth Behura, the former Telecom Secretary during the tenure of A. Raja and one of the accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, on Tuesday pleaded before a Delhi court that he had been falsely implicated in the case and witnesses, including the then Solicitor-General G.E. Vahanvati, had made false statements as instigated by the CBI.

“The SG has deposed against me as his main concern was to dissociate himself from any involvement in formulation of the first-come-first-serve policy,” Mr. Behura said in his statement, wherein he accused CBI of having “played favourites and abused its discretion”.

Mr. Behura said he had “gone to meet the SG on an appointment fixed by the Minister of Communication and IT [Mr. Raja]”.

“Didn’t call on SG”

“In his evidence, the SG has made a false statement that I made a telephonic call to him asking him if there was any stay and also asked him to confirm the same in writing, to which he agreed and thereafter I went to see him along with the file. He has further made a false statement that I showed him a draft press release and none of these is borne out from record,” he said.

More In: National | News