A fire broke out on the first floor of Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan, which houses Civil Aviation Ministry offices, here on Tuesday. However, no one was reported injured nor any office files damaged.
The incident took place around 5 a.m. in one of the rooms located in the B-Wing of the first floor. A Central Industrial Security Force constable on duty at Gate No. 3 of the block noticed smoke emanating from the first floor and alerted the duty officer, who called up the Delhi Fire Service, the CISF control room in North Block and senior officials.
While five fire tenders were pressed into service, a team of CISF personnel also rushed to the spot to assist in the fire fighting exercise. Electricity supply to the building was snapped as a preventive measure. “An electrical short-circuit is suspected to have caused the fire,” said an official.
Keywords: Fire accident