The spate of sexual attacks against women continued in the State capital with four instances of rapes being reported on Wednesday. While a four-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by a minor boy in Miyapur, an eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her step father in Rajendranagar. The other two heinous crimes were reported from Kushaiguda and Alwal localities. In Kushaiguda, a daily wager was gang-raped and in Alwal a mentally challenged woman was sexually assaulted by one person, while another molested a hapless woman.

The chilling incidents that left the police officials dumbfounded, spurred them into forming special police teams to nab the culprits. In the Alwal incident, the mentally challenged woman aged around 26 years was sleeping on the verandah of her house in BJR Nagar when her neighbour Nagaraju allegedly woke her up on Tuesday night. He took her to a secluded place in the locality saying he wanted to talk to her. Later he raped her and fled. In Kushaiguda, a casual labourer aged 20 years was gangraped two days ago and the matter was reported to the police on Wednesday. The rapists picked up the woman from a labour adda on the pretext of providing her some work on daily wage. In the third incident reported from Miyapur, a junior intermediate student living in a roadside hut at Miyapur sexually assaulted a four-year-old girl of the same locality, police said. The 17-year-old boy and the victim live in huts on the Hi-Tec City-Madhapur stretch. The girl was alone after her father went to work, when the boy took her to his hut offering snacks and violated her, the Kukatpally ACP M. Malla Reddy said. Police took the boy into custody after the girl’s father lodged a complaint.

The victim was sent for medical examination.

In yet another rape case, an inebriated man raped his step-daughter in Rajendranagar on Tuesday night. The victim’s mother Harun, works as a cleaner in a hotel and slept at her work place as she was tired. Her husband Feroz who was reported to be inebriated violated the girl in the house. On returning home on Wednesday morning, the woman learnt about the sexual assault on her daughter and complained to the police.

Special teams were formed to identify the rapists but the investigators were clueless.