For a limited number of senior officers, there may be dislocation after 10 years but by then many will retire, says JP

Ever since the CWC resolved to carve out 10-district Telangana with Hyderabad as the common capital, there has been widespread speculation over its impact on service conditions of employees, creation of new jobs and educational opportunities under new dispensation.

Causing concern to people from Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema who made Hyderabad their home for decades were statements emanating from political leaders that tens of thousands of Seemandhra employees working at the Secretariat, over 100 heads of departments in the State capital and district offices in excess of permitted numbers will have to serve in Andhra region after bifurcation.

The official sources however clarify that these projections were not true as 95 per cent of employees were recruited and posted in their respective zones under the six-point formula which will be valid even after bifurcation. The remaining 5 per cent in higher positions may be required to move to the new State capital after 10 years.

Dr. Vijaykumar who as Secretary, GAD (Services) reviewed the implementation of the six-point formula and 610 GO in 2007 to assess the number of employees working in violation of zonal regulations, said 18,856 people were identified for repatriation. The exercise was also vetted by the AP Administrative Tribunal and the HC. While over 4,000 were exempted under government norms, 5,107 approached the court but the judgment came in favour of the government last year paving the way for their repatriation. “Most of them were repatriated and we are awaiting compliance reports from HoDs, ” he said.

Asked about apprehensions among employees over bifurcation, LSP national president Jayaprakash Narayan said: “The situation is being blown out of proportion. For a limited number of senior officers, there may be some dislocation after 10 years but by then many will retire.”