Gas pipeline blast: Avians too prerish
NAGARAM (EAST GODAVARI),
Jun 29, 2014
Cormorants dropped dead from a Neem tree in the vicinity of the GAIL gas pipeline explosion site at Nagaram village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday. A number of birds built their nests on a Neem tree in the marketyard which now wears a ghostly look, with empty nests. According to municipal workers who removed the carcasses, more than 200 birds may have perished in the fire. Photos: K.R. Deepak
Related:Live: GAIL pipeline blast in AP Photo Gallery:Death at dawn: Gas pipeline blast claims several lives in AP Related:‘The fire spread fast and we ran to the fields’
Please Wait while comments are loading...
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.