A major fire broke out in a pesticide storage unit at Autonagar in Vanasthalipuram on Friday, triggering panic among nearby residents.
However, no one was injured. Flames engulfed the storage unit of Savera Organics Limited at around 10.30 a.m. and spread to the entire building. Two fire tenders from Moula Ali and Malakpet rushed to the spot. As it was becoming difficult to douse the flames, fire-fighters used foam but it failed to yield results. “We used a truck load of sand and an earthmover to extinguish the flames,” said Ranga Reddy district fire officer Y. Prabhakar Swamy.