In a tragic incident, a three-year-old boy succumbed to grievous burns, which he sustained after falling into a steel container filled with hot ‘sambar’ at a hostel at Thallampadu village in Khammam rural mandal on Tuesday.

Sources said that Bablu, son of K. Rani, a worker at a hostel attached to a private college in Thallampadu, accidentally fell into the steel vessel containing hot ‘sambar’ at the kitchen on the hostel premises in the afternoon. He was rushed to a private hospital in Khammam where he died during the course of treatment.