Claiming to have found new leads in the 2007 Ajmer blast case, the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad has seized a car believed to have been used in transporting the bombs even as the names of four more people cropped up in connection with the case.
“We have recovered a Santro car and brought it from Indore, recently. It was used by Sunil Joshi (who died during the course of the investigation) to carry bombs which were planted at the Ajmer Dargarh, from Indore to Devas in Gujarat,” ATS Additional SP Satyendra Singh told PTI on Saturday.
“The team brought it here as an evidence. The car was sold to somebody else and no fresh arrest has been made in this connection,” he said.
ATS sources said that name of four more people, suspected to have links with the blast case have cropped up during the course of interrogation of another suspect — Mukesh — who was arrested last month.
The sources said that Bhavesh, Suresh, Mehul and Sunny are on the ATS scanner.
The ATS has already filed a charge sheet in the blast case in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ajmer against Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Chander Shekhar Lave, and Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre (both absconding).
The ATS had arrested Mr. Gupta from Ajmer, and Mr. Lave and Mr. Sharma from Madhya Pradesh earlier this year. It later arrested two more suspects — Harshad Bhai Solanki, who was also involved in the Best Bakery case and absconding since 2004, and Mukesh Vasani, from Gujarat.
The blast in the premises of the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti had left three persons dead and 15 others injured.