Former Telecom Minister A. Raja and two corporate heads, who have been chargesheeted in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case, on Saturday complained to a Delhi court that documents supplied to them by the Central Bureau of Investigation were incomplete.
In an application filed before Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini, Mr. Raja, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Managing Director Sanjay Chandra and Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman Balwa sought supply of the documents.
On this, the CBI assured the court that the documents would be supplied to the accused by April 30.
“A. Raja, Sanjay Chandra, Shahid Balwa, M/S Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd and Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd have filed application seeking supply of deficient documents... Senior public prosecutor submits that deficient documents would be supplied by April 30,” the court said.
The court has now fixed April 25 for scrutiny of documents and extended the remand of all the accused till then.
The court had earlier on April 20, dismissed the bail plea of five corporate heads — Mr. Chandra, Group MD of Reliance ADAG Gautam Doshi, co-promoter of Swan Telecom Vinod Goenka and Reliance ADAG’s Surender Pipara and Hari Nair who have been named as accused in the charge sheet.
The court had dismissed their bail plea saying they may tamper with evidence and even flee to avoid prosecution in the “highest magnitude” 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The agency, in its first charge sheet, running into about 80,000 pages, had said that Mr. Raja conspired with top bureaucrats and corporate head to cause a loss of Rs. 30,984 crore in the allocation of 2G spectrum.
Besides these corporate leaders and Raja, former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, Mr. Raja’s personal secretary R.K. Chandolia and Mr. Balwa have also been named as accused in the charge sheet.
The CBI had also named Swan Telecom, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) and Reliance Telecom in its first charge sheet in the case.