About 20 persons were hospitalised on Tuesday in Pimpri Chichwad area following a chlorine gas leak in an effluent treatment plant, police said.
The leakage in the plant which is being investigated created scare in the area as people in nearby localities were shifted temporarily as a precautionary measure.
None of the admitted patients who complained of cough and eye irritation, was in serious condition, hospital sources said.
According to fire brigade, the situation was under control and the leakage was rectified.
Keywords: Industrial accident