An Australian teenage boy who pleaded guilty, at a children’s court, to a charge of affray over a gang attack on two Indians in December 2008, has escaped conviction.
He was given a nine-month probation after he vowed to change his ways.
‘Cause More Chaos’
The 15-year-old, who was not identified, allegedly belonged to a gang believed to have been operating under the name of KMC — an abbreviation for ‘Kill More Curries’ or, as the group had misspelt it, ‘Cause More Chaos,’ media reports said.
The court heard that the boy, who pleaded guilty last week, was part of a group that attacked the Indians at Oakleigh railway station on December 4, 2008.
The group taunted one victim before pushing him and later punching him in the face.
The other victim who tried to intervene, sustained a broken jaw and was kicked repeatedly after falling down.
A local newspaper said the youths were involved with the gang, whose members allegedly attacked the Indians, also not identified.
Magistrate Luisa Bazzani warned the boy that he was “on the path to self-destruction.”
“It is cowardly and pathetic … You will end up with a lifetime of jail,” she said.
The boy escaped conviction after he presented a letter acknowledging the effect the case had had on his mother and vowed to change his ways.