An apparent suicide bomb attack killed three security personnel and injured 11 others near an army barracks in Rawalakot in Pakistan occupied Kashmir on Wednesday, bringing forth allegations of an “Indian hand” in the incident.

Suicide attacks, commonplace across Pakistan, are rare in PoK but this was the second in less than 10 days.

A suicide attack on a Shia gathering in the territory’s capital Muzaffarabad a day before Muharram left eight people dead.

In November 2009, three suicide attackers blew themselves up in Muzaffarabad when they were found out and chased by police.

Earlier in 2009, a suicide attack at an army checkpoint was the first ever terrorist attack in PoK. It left three soldiers dead and was claimed by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan.

Wednesday’s bombing took place around 7 a.m. near the Army barracks in Tararkhal in Rawalakot, which is near the Line of Control. The police told journalists that it was a suicide bombing.

“Indian agenda”

Prime Minister of PoK Raja Farooq Hyder said the attack on the Pakistan Army in “Azad Kahsmir” was unacceptable. He told journalists that the attackers were implementing an “Indian agenda”. PoK President Raja Zulqarnain Khan said the involvement of India behind the recent terror attacks could not be ruled out. He suggested that India was sending infiltrators from across the LoC.

“It is a new phenomenon, it is yet to be confirmed from where these people entered,” he told Geo TV. “The water level drops in rivers during winter due to which one can easily cross the line of control from various points”.

RELATED NEWS

Suicide attack in PoK January 16, 2010

More In: International | News