Shahbag: Bangladesh's war against fundamentalism
Mar 2, 2013
The story of a mass movement against political protests and stricter punishments to 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War criminals. Photos: AP
Related:One injured as homemade bombs explode in Shahbagh Square Opinion:In Bangladesh, a year of living dangerously
- 11:20 A fishing trawler capsized off Baina coast in South Goa. According to initial reports, 4 rescued, 2 on board feared missing, reports Prakash Kamat in Panaji.
- 10:43 Manjunatha Gowda arrested. The President of Karnataka State Apex Cooperative Bank and Shimoga District Cooperative Bank was arrested by Shimoga police for his alleged role in scam related to issuance of gold mortagage loans, reports P.M. Veerendra.
- 23:56 Telangana, AP asked to identify land for institutions
- 22:58 Stolen jewellery recovered
- 22:53 Busking for a cause
- 22:27 Celebration time for Rajastani women
- 22:21 Traffic snarls are common here
- 16:35 BJD MP Ramchandra Hansda and two former MLAs from.Odisha booked by CBI in Saradha chit-fund scam
- 16:11 CBI files 23rd case in coal block scam against MP-based company, its directors in respect of coal block allocation case, Devesh Kumar Pandey
- 16:09 Curfew reimposed in Saharanpur area of Western Uttar Pradesh as fresh instance of communal tension was reported on Thursday. -- Kavita Upadhyay Dehradun
- 16:09 Cloudburst kills five persons in Uttarakhands Tehri district. One person is missing. Search and rescue operations are on. -- Kavita Upadhyay, Dehradun.
- 14:46 Landslide kills five-year-old in Mumbai
- 14:14 Delhi High Court bans e-rickshaws till August 18
- 14:08 SC grants relief for Stalin
- 13:38 Bill to raise FDI cap in insurance to be moved in RS
- 13:19 Three rebels and one Assam Rifles trooper killed in Manipur encounter
- 13:08 Opposition demands judicial probe, PM statement on bugging issue
Animal planet in Chennai
With Madras Corporation taking charge by 1866, the Madras Zoo as it was called, became the country’s first public zoo to be formed.
Purasawalkam: From old town to shopping hub
Vellala Street off Purasawalkam High Road mirrors the metamorphosis that the once quaint neighbourhood has undergone over the past three decades.
Tambaram: A suburb older than Madras itself
It is a little-known fact that the southern suburb of Tambaram is older than Madras itself.
|Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab: The Need for a Border States Group|
The aim of the research report by Tridivesh Singh Maini is to examine the approach of the political leadership, as well as the business community, in three ‘border States’ towards India-Pakistan ties.This paper has sought to look at a number of factors, which include politics, economics as well as security issues.Read Article »
Parsons, Galecki, Cuoco, Helberg and Nayyar, who have been seeking hefty pay raises, remain without new contracts. »