The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) hearing the 2008 Mumbai terror attack case is yet to receive the record of proceedings of the Pakistan Judicial Commission's cross examination of witnesses during its visit to India last month.

The Special Public Prosecutor of the case Chaudhury Mohammed Azhar told The Hindu on Tuesday that the matter was postponed to October 24 since the records had not arrived by October 3, which was earlier date of hearing.

He said there were two days left for the matter to come up and the Foreign Office had not received the proceedings, which was to be presented to the ATC judge.

The Commission returned from India on September 26 and had cross examined two witnesses, a doctor and the investigating officer of the terror attacks case in the court of an additional chief metropolitan magistrate. Mr. Azhar had said the visit was very cordial and even though the prosecution had a limited scope, it was able to re-examine all the evidence “within the given circumstances.”

Last year the report of the judicial commission was rejected since it couldn’t cross examine some witnesses or meet the two doctors, who had conducted the post-mortems of the nine dead terrorists.