A Pakistani anti-terrorism court trying the seven accused in the 2008 Mumbai attacks case on Wednesday adjourned the hearing till July 2 without conducting the proceedings as the judge “was not feeling well”.

Sources told PTI that ATC Rawalpindi Judge Attiqur Rehman was present in the court but he did not conduct the hearing of the case.

The court office adjourned the hearing till next Wednesday.

In the last hearing on June 18, no proceedings of the case were conducted as none of the prosecution lawyers appeared in the court.

The sources said the prosecution lawyers would request the court in the next hearing to take up their petition requesting to provide security to them.

They had already registered their protest by not showing up in the ATC Rawalpindi in three hearings.

The lawyers led by Chaudhry Azhar in a May 21 application had accused Jammat-ud-Dawah activists of threatening them and the witnesses for pursuing the case.

“The JuD wants us not to pursue the Mumbai case,” the petitioners said.

Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Anjum have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks in India’s financial capital that killed 166 people in November, 2008.

All the accused are jailed in Adiala prison in Rawalpindi, about 300 kilometres from Lahore.