Earlier in the day, at least a dozen civilians and one police officer were injured in the attack that had targeted a police convoy, the statement said. Nearly 420 foreign troops have been killed in the Afghan war so far this year
Two NATO soldiers, four Afghan policemen and two civilians were killed in separate roadside bomb blasts in southern Afghanistan on Saturday, officials said.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed the deaths of its soldiers, but did not reveal their nationalities or any further details. Most of the forces stationed in the restive southern region are from the U.S., Britain, Canada and the Netherlands.
Nearly 420 foreign troops have been killed in the Afghan war so far this year.
Separately, a bomb hidden in a wheel-barrow was remotely detonated in the Nahr Saraj district of Helmand province Saturday morning, killing four policemen and one civilian, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
At least a dozen civilians and one police officer were injured in the attack that had targeted a police convoy, the statement said.
A child was killed and another was injured Saturday in Maiwand district of the neighbouring province of Kandahar on Saturday, when a roadside bomb exploded, a statement issued by Kandahar’s provincial government said.
Five Taliban militants were also killed in Kandahar’s Arghandab district on Friday when the bomb they were trying to plant on a road exploded prematurely, the statement said.
Taliban militants rely heavily on the use of roadside bombs as part of their campaign against the Afghan government and the more than 140,000 U.S. and NATO troops currently stationed in Afghanistan.