Iran on Tuesday rejected as “suspicious” and “diabolical” disclosures by WikiLeaks on its role in neighbouring Iraq.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast charged in his weekly news briefing that the website revelations were politically motivated.
“There are serious doubts ... regarding the intentions and objectives of the disclosures,” he said.
“It has suspicious aims.”
Mr. Mehmanparast said “the claims and accusations are unacceptable. This is a diabolical move.”
He said Iran would confront these “immoralities” but did not say what measures Tehran intends to take.
Documents posted by WikiLeaks last week recount Iran’s alleged role in arming and training Shiite militias in Iraq, where Tehran has also sought to influence politics.
Iran denies these charges. It says it seeks peace and stability in Iraq.
The documents also alleged that three Americans detained by Iran in July 2009 for alleged illegal entry were on the Iraqi side of the border at the time of their arrest. One of the three has since been released. Iran has accused the three of spying and set November 6 for their trial.