A strong aftershock on Tuesday shook areas of northern Italy which were hit last week by a devastating earthquake, media reports said.
The 5.8-magnitude shock was centred in the Emilia Romagna region and was felt as far as Milan in the Lombardy region.
At least one person was killed and an unknown number were trapped under rubble, the reports added.
“There are victims, I cannot say more,” the mayor of the town of San Felice sul Panaro, Alberto Silvestri told television news channel Sky TG24.
At least one person was killed, according to the online site of the local newspaper, Gazzetta di Modena.