9,070 more to be covered under zero landless scheme
Minister for Revenue Adoor Prakash said here on Monday that the government would go ahead with its legal action to recover the remaining revenue land from encroachers and redistribute it to the landless people in Kerala.
Speaking after inaugurating the first-phase title deed distribution under the Zero-landless project of the government, the Minister said some portion of land already identified by the Revenue Department was caught in legal complications and it would be settled shortly.
He said in Kozhikode district, 9,070 more persons would be covered under the zero landless scheme and the total number of beneficiaries in Kerala would be 2, 43,928.
According to Mr. Prakash, the government had already identified 36,000 housing plots in Kasaragod district, which would be allotted to people who were willing to migrate from other districts. However, he affirmed that there would not be any compulsion on the beneficiaries to shift from their current location to the new area.
Mr. Prakash said allegations recently raised against the plan were baseless, and not less than any 43,000 persons had already expressed their willingness to accept the offer in Kasaragod. “The priority of the government is on identifying the required land at the native village of the people, but, if it was not possible, the government would look at other possible options,” he maintained.
Altogether, 2,224 title deeds were distributed on Monday as part of the first phase implementation of the government scheme. M.I. Shanawaz, MP; District Collector C.A. Latha; and MLAs from various Assembly constituencies; were present.