Says he saw them at police camp office at Vadakara

Rajeesh Thundukkandi aka T. K. Rajeesh, fourth accused in the T.P. Chandrasekharan murder case told the trial court here on Wednesday that he had never seen any of the accused before he was arrested by the special police team.

He was relying to questions put forth by R. Narayana Pisharadi, judge, Special Additional Sessions Court, under Section 313 (power to examine the accused) under the Code of Criminal Procedure. The case pertained to the murder of RMP leader Chandrasekharan at Vallikkad on May 4, 2012.

Rajeesh told the court that he had seen other accused at the camp office of the police team at Vadakara. There the police had revealed his identity to the witnesses and also on the verandah of Vadakara Judicial First Class Magistrate Court. His pictures had also appeared in the print and visual media thereby enabling the witnesses to make him out at the identification parade.

He said that he had informed the Magistrate who had carried out the identification parade at the district jail that none among those present had bore a resemblance to him. Then the Magistrate had asked him to bring up the matter before the trial court. Rajeesh was one of the seven assailants who had taken part in the action at Vallikkad. He was arrested from his hideout at a far-flung village at Sateli-Bhedshi in Sindhudurg district, almost 400 km from Mumbai, in Maharashtra in June, 2012.

Soon after committing the crime, he had fled in a car, along with another assailant and first accused, M.C. Anoop, to Koothuparamba, and then left for Mysore and stayed there for two days and then went to Mumbai, his second home. But he left Mumbai after the police searched out his links with another accused. Rajeesh had used the cell phones of several others to call his friends, including a woman in Kolkata. By that time, he had fled to Sawantwadi in Sangli, 35 km from Sateli-Bhedshi. The questioning of Rajeesh will resume on Friday.

More In: Kozhikode