4 crore losses sustained in fire

A fire broke out at an electronics goods godown at the Madhura Bazaar in Cheruvannur here late on Saturday night. Six fire engines from the Beach, Vellimadukunnu, Meenchanda and Mukkom fire stations were pressed into service to douse the fire. The godown had a vast stock of fridges, washing machines, air-conditioners, microwaves and LCD Televisions. Around 2,000 items were lost in the fire according to the fire officials.

The godown is owned by APCO associates, a private distribution agency for electronic goods. The godown is the main supply point of electronics goods for three districts, Kozhikode, Wayanad and Malappuram. The fire was almost under control when reports last came in.

RELATED NEWS

Godowns gutted at Valiyangadi May 9, 2013

More In: Kozhikode