Today's Paper Archive Classifieds Subscriptions RSS Feeds Site Map ePaper Mobile Apps Social
SEARCH

Cities » Chennai

Updated: June 5, 2013 15:24 IST

TV set falls, child dies

Petlee Peter
Share  ·   print   ·  
Kishore. Photo: Special Arrangement
Kishore. Photo: Special Arrangement

He suffered injuries on his head and chest

A three-year-old boy died after a television set fell on him at his grandparents' home in Pulinathope on Thursday. The boy had pulled an electric wire, resulting in the TV falling down, crashing on to his head, police said.

Basin Bridge police, who have registered a case of the death, identified the deceased as Kishore Balakrishnan, who was residing in TNHB 26th Block, Kesava Pillai Park in Pulianthope.

According to Thirumal, Kishore's uncle, the child had pulled the TV wire while playing inside the house. “Around 11 a.m. on Thursday Kishore was playing. The fat 21-inch TV set was placed on a stand with wheels that were weak. Suddenly, the wire gave way throwing him to the floor and the TV fell on him,” he said.

The boy suffered injuries on his head and chest and was rushed to the Government Children's Hospital in Egmore by his relatives and neighbours. “As the head injury was severe, the hospital referred Kishore to the GH. We took him there immediately and he underwent treatment,” Mr. Thirumal added. However, at 6.p.m. on Thursday, Kishore succumbed to injuries.

A post-mortem was conducted and the body was handed over to his parents Balakrishnan and Sarala on Friday afternoon. The couple has a one-year-old daughter named Yamuna.

Mr. Balakrishnan who was working in a well-known automobile spare parts manufacturing firm in Chennai, quit his job two years ago after he met with a road accident that left him paralysed on one side. Unable to make ends meet, he moved in to his father-in-law's house some months ago, police sources said.

RELATED NEWS

Petlee PeterJune 28, 2012

ChennaiConnect Newsfeed



O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in Chennai

Test seeks to identify ‘missed’ child TB cases

WHO-endorsed test displays greater sensitivity in diagnosing bacterial load, and is being done for free »