A man and his son, who suffered burns after an LPG blast at their house on Tuesday, died on Wednesday.
The fire accident that followed an LPG cylinder leak at a house in Muthamizh Nagar, Kodungaiyur, claimed the life of a 32-year-old woman on Tuesday. Her husband and two sons were severely injured and undergoing treatment at a hospital.
The accident took place around 6.30 a.m. on Tuesday after gas started leaking from a faulty tube connecting the LPG cylinder. Kathiresan (37), a TASMAC employee, switched on a light leading to a blast and a fire in the house. His wife Latha was thrown out of the house on impact and she fell on the road 10 feet away.
Kathiresan, and the couple’s sons Vignesh (12) and Vinod (8), who were in the house suffered severe burns.
Neigbours rushed in after hearing the blast and rushed all the four to Government Kilpauk hospital. Latha died within a few hours of being admitted.
Kathiresan and Vinod succumbed to their injuries on Wednesday morning while Vignesh is still battling for his life life, Kodungaiyur police sources said.
All the three bodies were handed over to relatives following post mortem.