A brief fire broke out at a multi-storey building on Anna Salai, Teynampet, on Saturday.

No one was injured in the incident. Fire department sources said the call came in exactly at 12.28 p.m. to the fire control room informing them that a fire was raging in the third floor office of a private company in the building. Two fire tenders from Teynampet and Saidapet were rushed to the spot and firemen battled the blaze for an hour and put it out.

Over 20 UPS equipment placed on the floor were damaged in the fire which is suspected to have been caused due to an electrical short-circuit, sources added.

Keywords: Teynampet fire

More In: Chennai | News