A 37-year-old woman died on Saturday due to alleged overdose of anaesthesia that was administered in a nursing home in Sadashivanagar.
Vaishali, a resident of Chickpet, had been admitted there, as she had to undergo an operation, around 4 p.m. on Friday. However, she developed breathlessness and was rushed to Fortis hospital for further treatment where she succumbed.
Family members of Vaishali claim that she died due to the alleged overdose of anaesthesia and have lodged a complaint with the police. Based on the allegations, the Sadashivanagar police have registered a case of negligence against the nursing home and are investigating.