No injuries reported in fire on Commercial Street

A watch showroom on Commercial Street was gutted in an accidental fire on Sunday.

The accidental fire, attributed to short circuit as per a preliminary report, created panic among shoppers in the showroom which was situated on the second floor of a building.

The fire was noticed at around 7.25 p.m. in Sharrif’s ‘Sight N Time’ showroom that sells watches, goggles and other branded accessories. A few employees, who noticed the thick smoke immediately alerted Fire and Emergency services personnel and asked shoppers to vacate the showroom.

Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was contained by 8 p.m. leading to traffic disruption on busy Commercial Street. While the showroom was completely gutted, no injuries have been reported so far, said officials of the Karnataka State Fire and Emergency Services (KSFES) Department.

“Though preliminary enquiries revealed that the mishap could be due to electric short circuit, we are seeking the help of a team of experts to ascertain the exact reason,” a senior KSFE official said.

More In: Bengaluru