Two women, including a 23-year-old garment factory employee, were clubbed to death allegedly by their husbands here on Saturday.

Ambika (23), a resident of Kallsandra, was clubbed to death allegedly by her husband following an argument over dowry.

The accused, Raghu, a private firm employee, and Ambika, a garment factory employee, were married for three years and had a two-year-old son.

Raghu, who was said to be irregular to work, started harassing Ambika soon after the marriage, following which she returned to her parent’s house.

However, the parents of both Ambika and Raghu, helped the couple reconcile and sent Ambika to live with her husband. Raghu then started harassing her for a new motorcycle.

On Saturday, a fight ensued between them over the issue, following which Raghu assaulted her with a stick in front of their son, according to the police.

Ambika suffered severe head injuries. Sensing trouble, Raghu managed to escape. The neighbours rushed Ambika to a hospital where she was declared brought dead. The Subramanyapura police have taken up a case of murder. A search is on for Raghu.

In the other case, a 45-year-old woman working as an attendant in a private hospital was murdered allegedly by her husband after she refused to pay him for his drinks. The deceased, Narayanamma, a native of Malur, was staying with her husband, Venkatesh, in Dodda Nagamangala under Parappana Agrahara police station limits. Venkatesh, a security guard for a private firm, was in the habit of drinking and was irregular to work. He harassed Narayanamma for alcohol. The couple used to have frequent fights. On Saturday night, Venkatesh went home drunk and demanded money from Narayanamma for another round of alcohol.

When Narayanamma refused, a heated argument ensued between them. Venkatesh in a fit of rage smashed her head against the wall, the police said. Narayanamma collapsed and died. But, Venkatesh went to sleep. The incident came to light on Sunday morning, when Venkatesh woke up and found Narayanamma lying on the floor with blood all over the house.

Venkatesh then rushed to his in-laws house situated in the same area and informed them that Narayanamma was not well before leaving the place. Narayanamma’s parents rushed to her house only to find her dead.

The police have detained Venkatesh.

More In: Bengaluru