The following are some of the war memorials in Bangalore:
This war memorial is located on the busy Brigade Road-Residency Road Junction. This is the only memorial that is in a public place. A private developer maintains a small portion of land around the memorial that is barricaded. The way leading to the barricaded place is strewn with waste and is not in a proper shape.
This memorial is in the memory of the officers, non-commissioned officers (NCOs) and pioneers who have laid down their lives during the various wars fought between 1885 and 1917. As many as 450 officers, NCOs and pioneers from Britain and India had laid down their lives.
MEG and Centre
The Madras Engineer Group and Centre has two memorials on its premises. One was built in 1920 on the Assaye Road near the Lakeside Hospital. Following increase in the traffic and concerns over the upkeep of the memorial, this memorial was moved, brick by brick, into the Govindaswamy Parade Ground on the MEG and Centre premises in 1980.
The other memorial was located at Kalpalli Grand Yard built in memory of the Field Company of the Royal Engineers. This was relocated and is now opposite to the Madras Sappers Museum and Archives.
Army Service Crops and Centre
The ASC and Centre has a memorial in Agaram Grounds for the mules, yaks and dogs in remembrance of the pivotal role by these animals along with their masters in many battles and campaigns. This memorial was built on December 16, 2006 on the occasion of the 246th Army Corps Service Day. It was on the same day the 874th Animal Transport Battalion of the ASC received the Chief of Army Staff's citation for its role in the Operation Vijay in Kargil.
The ASC and Centre also has a memorial named after General K.S. Thimmaiah.
The Indian Air Force Training Command has a memorial for all the personnel who have laid down their lives in various operations and campaigns. The IAF's Aircraft and System Testing Establishment has a memorial for the test pilots.