Tragedy befell a mother of four who was electrocuted while cleaning the house to welcome her husband who was to come home from abroad on Tuesday.

Noor Ayesha (27) of Rose Garden near Neelasandra was busy washing her house around 11 p.m. on Sunday when she switched on the water pump, Ashoknagar police said.

However, the water flooded the house by more than half a foot and Noor hurried to switch off the motor. However, she came in contact with a live wire and was electrocuted.

The police said that the insulation had come off on that part of the wire which she held with her wet hand.

Her horrified father, Mohammed Areefulla, who saw his daughter collapse in screams, rushed to switch off the motor and take her to St. Philomena’s Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Noor’s husband is an electrician in Saudi Arabia and she was staying in her maternal home with her three sons and a daughter.

More In: Bengaluru