A 32-year-old employee of a furniture rental agency was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live wire on the terrace of a house in Banasawadi here on Sunday.
According to the police, Raghavan, a resident of Banasawadi, was trying to move a metal table down from the terrace using a rope after a function, when it touched the live electric wire.
Residents rushed him to a private hospital, where the doctors declared him brought dead.
The Banaswadi police have registered a case and are investigating.
A 57-year-old woman was robbed of her gold chain by a man outside her house in Kaverinagar, Madiwala, here on Monday.
The victim, Anantha Lakshmi, was plucking flowers from a roadside tree when the crime occurred.
Anantha Lakshmi resisted the attempt and managed to save part of her chain, but the man made away with a part weighing 30 gram.
The Madiwala police have registered a case.
Investigation is on.