A couple, who were lovers four years ago, but separated due to family objections and later married different people, decided to unite again.

But after eloping and living together for a month, the guilt-ridden couple commited suicide in Yelahanka police station limits on Tuesday night.

The deceased were identified as Soumya (21), a native of Kollegal and Ramesh (28), an electrician and native of Somwarpet.

According to the police, the boy and girl were distant relatives who fell in love in 2008 while they were in Kollegal, Chamarajanagar district. But due to the objections of their families, they were married to different persons.

The duo remained in touch with each other even after marriage.

While Ramesh is survived by his six-month pregnant wife, Sowmya is survived by her husband and one-year-old daughter.

Last month, the duo eloped and moved around the State before renting a house in Yelahanka as a couple, 10 days ago.

On Tuesday night, they switched on the TV and allegedly hanged themselves. Neighbours who went to complain about the loud volume, found the door locked from the inside. They broke open the door to find the duo hanging from the ceiling of the house.

The police shifted the bodies to the Yelahanka government hospital where autopsy was conducted on Wednesday.

The police recovered two death notes from the scene where the deceased have apologised to their families and relatives for their mistakes.


The city police raided an illegal LPG gas refilling unit in Yeshwantpur on Thursday and arrested a mechanic who was allegedly selling domestic LPG gas to commercial vehicles.

Based on information, a team of officials raided SS Motors, a garage in Subedarpalya, and seized a gas pumping motor, a domestic cylinder and a van used to carry the machinery, from him.

The accused, Khaleel, was not only buying domestic cylinders illegally for commercial purposes, but was also creating hazardous condition for the people living in and around the garage, the police said.

Hacked to death

An armed gang hacked a 26-year-old habitual offender to death in Mahalakshmi Layout on Thursday evening.

The incident occurred when the deceased Manikantha, was returning home after visiting his friend in JC Nagar.

The gang armed with lethal weapons intercepted him, and hacked him to death. They fled the scene while passersby looked on.

Based on the information, the Mahalakshmi Layout police rushed to the spot and shifted the body to MS Ramaiah Hospital for post-mortem.

According to the police, Manikantha alias Lorri Vyya who was involved in several cases and sent to jail, was released on bail last month.

Preliminary inquiries revealed that he was involved in a row over installation of a Ganesh idol in the area. Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) H.S. Revanna has formed three teams to nab the accused.

Manikantha hailed from Tirunelveli of Tamil Nadu, and was living with his wife in the city.

On Thursday, he left home saying that he had to meet his friend.

Keywords: suicide case

More In: Bengaluru