A huge fire that broke out on the military campus in Koramangala on Thursday caused anxiety among residents living nearby. Fire Services officials, who got a call in the evening, deployed three fire tenders. There were no injuries reported.

Fire Services officials said the blaze could have started accidentally with a cigarette stub or someone could have set dry grass on fire, a normal practice this time of the year.

Residents grew jittery over the billowing smoke as the fire spread rapidly, sweeping through many acres of land.

Defence officials also had called in their own fire tenders for safety measures and helped douse the fire.

Fire Services officials said their fire tenders, which left after 5 p.m., returned around 9 p.m.

More In: Bengaluru