She is recuperating from injuries in Victoria Hospital

A 24-year-old beautician was allegedly abducted, raped and pushed down from the second floor of a residential building in Whitefield here on Saturday night by a group of six men, while she was trying to escape from them.

The victim was later shifted by the residents of the locality to the Victoria Hospital, where she is recuperating from multiple injuries.

Victim files complaint

In her complaint to the police, the victim said that she was returning from work to her paying guest accommodation in Bellandur around 10 p.m. when four members of the group approached her in a car and forced her inside the vehicle. The accused drove the car towards an isolated place in Nagagondanahalli in Whitefield, where they were joined by two others. The victim was allegedly raped by them all. The victim, however, managed to escape from the group and went inside the compound wall of a nearby residential building seeking help. When there was no response from the house on the ground floor, she climbed up the staircase and reached the second floor and raised an alarm for help.

As she could not find any help there too, she was about to rush downstairs when the group members, who were trailing her, confronted her. In the melee, the accused pushed the woman down from the second floor before escaping.

On hearing the commotion, neighbours rushed to her help and took her to Victoria Hospital for treatment. On being alerted by the hospital authorities, the HSR Layout police rushed to the hospital and recorded the statement of the victim.

The doctors, who examined the victim, have confirmed rape, the police said. “We have obtained a few clues about the gang,” a senior police officer said.

The police have registered a case of kidnap, rape, attempt to murder and dacoity against the accused.

The police said that the victim, who hails from Mumbai, is a mother of two children. She works in a beauty parlour.

Meanwhile, the police, who conducted preliminary inquiries, revealed that the victim had initially consented to go with the accused and when differences cropped up between them later, she tried to escape when she was chased and beaten up.

More In: Bengaluru