Getting ready for voyage
May 26, 2014
Boat operators in Visakhapatnam are getting ready to undertake voyage from midnight of May 31 after the end of 47-day annual fishing ban. The ban, observed every year for allowing breeding of fish species following depletion of their population due to overexploitation, is being implemented by the Government in consultation with various fishermen's organisations. The period was used by the boat operators for repair of propellers, greasing wire ropes and gears and painting their vessels. Photos: C.V. Subrahamnyam
Please Wait while comments are loading...
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.